Sunday, February 15, 2009

A weird but meaningful dream

Quite a while ago, I made a dream, it was a very weird one because I took a few days time to think what was my dream telling me. I was trying to relate my dream with the real world, and see what can I get out of it......

It was weird enough that I went to jail, well, didn't actually know the cause of me going jail, at the next moment, I was at the supermarket which was in the jail. Believe it or not that I have a TV set in my jail. But no matter what happened there, I was still a convict. Its something like you are captured but you are freed at the same time. Waheguru. What does this supposed to mean anyway???

After a few days of thinking, I finally got an answer. I relate this dream with life (in my views and understanding about life).

WHAT DOES IT MEANS BY BEING TRAPPED IN THE JAIL???

For ages and ages my soul is being trapped in this world full of challenges and trying to find a way back home to the infinite one Lord that I know of. Now the jail here means the world that all of us are in today. Not knowing how or the reason behind why we are here in the world. That was how I was brought to this prison. This prison of life has many temptations(which could be the reason why to TV set was there in the first place), which most of us could not resist. Waheguru.

Then in the next moment, I was in the supermarket in the jail itself. How could a supermarket be in the jail, those two really don't meet in real life. Now when I looked in this point of view, it all actually make sense. In the last paragraph, I talked about temptations, now I am in the supermarket full of temptations. I've got too many things to choose of, too many things that I wanted to have. In the real world, we are all actually living in a jail, we can't actually go back home anytime we want.

Living out of the court of the Almighty Lord is like being in a prison to me. Life is also a journey to find the key to open the lock of this prison. Living a spiritual life does not mean that we must be poor or what, its about how you spend your life with what you are doing. We all know that in the worldly prison, prisoners can go out of jail earlier if they behave good in prison. So as life, the only way for our souls to get out from the world is by remembering the Lord. Why???

This is because everything you do in this world is like you are buying ingredients to make dinner. You'll need to cook everything you've bought. Doing good deeds and so on only means that you've bought the right ingredients for dinner. But what really makes the dinner special is how you cook and prepare those ingredient to make a good meal for dinner. Sometimes, it is no use if you prepared so many ingredients to cook when you don't know how to cook. By meditating on the Lord God, you are actually cooking all those things you've bought. Which will eventually end up as the best dinner.

Dreams carries very different meaning each time they appear. I'll always try to relate it with my present life.

No comments: